Competition is always beneficial—it inspires us to be our best. This holds true in just about all aspects of life, including digital marketing. If you analyze the competition and find out what’s working for them and what’s not working, you can increase your chances of reaching your goals for organic traffic and conversions. In this post, we’ll provide a quick guide to SEO competitor analysis to help you improve your campaigns. Read more
A Google My Business listing is one of the best online tools for businesses to gain increased exposure, especially locally. An optimized Google My Business profile is one of the most important ranking factors for local SEO. Plus, your GMB profile lets you easily connect with customers and prospective customers. And it’s free!
In this post, we’re going to provide you with seven google my business optimization tips. By the end, you’ll be well on your way to increasing your business’ exposure, increasing website traffic, boosting sales, and gaining an edge over the competition. Read more
Many people are familiar with on-page SEO, which refers to optimizing both the HTML source code of a page and its content. But there’s more to SEO than updating meta information or building out great content targeting viable keywords. There are elements off your own site that can impact your rankings and organic traffic as well. This is what’s known as off-page SEO. In this post, we’ll cover everything you need to know about off-page SEO best practices and why it’s relevant for your website. Read more
Online shopping has never been more popular. It’s estimated that in 2021 over 230 million people in the U.S. will spend over $469 billion shopping online—a 1.32% increase from 2020.
If you’re reading this, you likely want your piece of the pie, and you’d like to confirm you’re using the right e-commerce platform. Or perhaps you want to build a new e-commerce site and you’d like to know which is the best platform for your business. You have dozens of e-commerce platforms to choose from, which can feel overwhelming if you’re new to taking your business online. In this post, we’ll walk you through two of the most popular e-commerce options: Shopify and WordPress. Here’s what you need to know about Shopify vs WordPress so you can select the right platform for your needs.
ClickGiant is a leading digital marketing agency serving clients nationwide. Get in touch today to request a free site audit.
Shopify vs. WordPress
As we compare Shopify and WordPress, let’s start with an important premise: both are excellent platforms that can provide you with everything you need as an online retailer. That said, there are significant differences you need to be aware of before taking the plunge with one platform or the other. Let’s take a look at some key factors to consider when comparing these platforms, so you can decide which is best for you:
When it comes to pricing, both platforms can be very affordable depending on your needs. Here’s what you need to know:
Shopify has five plans to choose from, though are only three you should consider:
- Basic Plan: $29/month
- Shopify Plan: $79/ month
- Advanced Plan: $299/month
In addition to your monthly plan cost, you’ll also pay transaction fees that can be as high as 2.9% with the Basic Plan.
WordPress fees are a bit more complicated to calculate. Though many people believe that it’s a free solution, since you can get the content management system for free, getting your WordPress site live and maintained does have some costs:
- A monthly hosting fee for your website. (For example, Bluehost’s monthly fee for hosting your online store is $24.95 per month if you make a 36-month commitment).
- A domain name
- Paid plugins (recommended if you want your site to be a “cut above”)
- A premium theme (also not required, but recommended)
If you’re planning to create or update your site on your own, ease-of-use is likely a concern. Here’s what you need to know:
If there’s one word that applies to Shopify, it’s “simplicity.” Only a few steps are required to get your site off the ground, and no knowledge of website coding is required.
To create your site, you only need to:
- Link your domain
- Select the layout for your site
- Add your inventory of products
Hosting, security, and updates are all included in your monthly plan cost.
Though WordPress is known for being more flexible than Shopify, it can be more complicated to launch. You’ll need to:
- Sign up
- Link your domain to your web server
- Install WordPress on your host
- Select a theme
- Activate plugins
With WordPress, you can tweak your site to give it the unique look that sets you apart. But, if you do it yourself, you’ll need time and know-how. For that reason, many businesses that prefer a WordPress site use the services of a professional who has experience with the platform.
The heartbeat of your e-commerce site is its ability to help you sell your products online. You’ll need specific tools to manage inventory, product listings, and transactions.
Shopify E-Commerce Tools
Since Shopify only hosts e-commerce sites, you’ll pretty much find everything you need here right out of the box. Once you log in to your account, you’ll be able to manage your inventory, list products across your site, track orders, and enable customer accounts for your users to have a personalized shopping experience.
WordPress E-Commerce Tools
WordPress is essentially a blogging platform. You’ll need to add plug-ins to have e-commerce functionality. One popular e-commerce plug-in is WooCommerce, which will provide you with most of the same tools you’ll get with Shopify. With this plug-in installed, you’ll be able to add product pages, collection, pages, track orders, and adjust your product displays to fit the particular item you’re selling. There are also no transaction fees with WooCommerce, which some may view as an advantage over Shopify.
Things don’t always go as planned, so getting support is critical when something goes wrong. If your site is down or not functioning correctly, it’s probably costing you money.
- Shopify support is available via email, phone, or live chat, 24/7.
- WordPress and WooCommerce have no in-person support, though you’ll find ample documentation online to walk you through a fix to your issue.
Ready to Build Your E-Commerce Site?
As you can see, WordPress and Shopify both have a lot to offer for your business. Like any comparison, you’ll find pros and cons to both. No single solution offers the perfect e-commerce experience. To help you decide, Shopify comes with a free trial, and WordPress is free to use until it’s time to pay for hosting and plug-ins.
If you’re considering building an e-commerce site, ClickGiant can help. We’ve worked with many clients in both WordPress and Shopify and will be happy to walk you through your options in both platforms. Contact us today to request a free consultation!
Have you ever heard the saying, “Inspect what you expect”? You can apply this to many things in life, and it certainly rings true with SEO. Patience is required as your SEO efforts start to show results, but as it’s happening, you need to track the metrics and measure what’s working and what adjustments need to be made to bolster your efforts. A regular review of your SEO program is essential to continued success in growing the amount of traffic to your website.
This begs the question—“How do I measure SEO success, and what are the key metrics I should be tracking?” We’ve got you covered. Here are some of the most important SEO performance tracking metrics that you can use to measure the success of your SEO campaign. Read more
Like the 90% of an iceberg that lies beneath the surface of the ocean, SEO meta tags are rarely seen, but it’s vital that you know they’re there and that you be able to navigate your way around them correctly. Besides having great content, meta tags can be the differentiator that sets you apart from competitive websites and increases your click-through-rate by users searching for your product or service. In this post, we’ll review some of the most important SEO meta tags, like title tags, meta descriptions, and more. Read more
As more and more people prefer to do business closer to home, local search results continue to play an ever-expanding role in the success of small- to medium-size businesses. In an ever-increasing competitive landscape, it’s more important than ever that companies recognize and capitalize on the most essential local SEO ranking factors. Let’s dive in and take a closer look these factors, so you can work to improve your local search presence. Read more
In the digital age, just about every company wants to grow their business through online marketing. There are many different strategies to help with that. Two of the most commonly employed are Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM). The difference between SEO and SEM is a mystery for many people. Let’s look at each and see exactly what the differences are. Read more
ClickGiant is a leading SEO company providing search engine optimization services across a range of industries. Whether you’re a local business hoping to increase traffic to your physical location or an eCommerce business hoping to increase sales online, improving your organic search presence is crucial. Learn more about our SEO services, and get in touch today for more information.
Better Rankings, More Traffic, More Leads
Every day, thousands of people search for businesses online. 91% of them will click on websites they find on the first page of organic search results. What does this mean for you and your business? It means you have an opportunity to get more website traffic, get more leads, and earn more money by improving your search engine presence.
Get A Free SEO Audit
How is your site performing in organic search? Find out with a free SEO site audit!
What Is SEO?
We’re all familiar with search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. The goal of SEO is to improve your presence in search results for keyword searches relevant to your business or offering.
There are a few key steps to improve your search presence for viable keywords:
- Perform Keyword Research to determine the best keywords to target for your organization, focusing on search volume and competition levels.
- Plan Your Site’s Information Architecture to strategically target viable keywords on a page by page basis.
- Optimize Your Site’s Code to improve page load speed, security, and mobile friendliness.
- Build Quality Content across your site in alignment with your keyword strategy, focusing on creating unique, useful content for your users.
- Gather Links, Citations & Reviews to build domain authority and encourage clicks.
What Do Our SEO Services Include?
From research and strategy to daily monitoring and reporting, we offer a full suite of SEO services to help our clients grow organic traffic and conversions. Here are some of the key services we provide to help make your site more visible in search results:
- Site Audit. We’ll start by benchmarking your current presence in search results. During this phase, we identify your current keyword rankings, pinpoint pages driving organic traffic, and note potential opportunities for improvement from both a content and technical perspective.
- Keyword Research. This is a crucial step in any SEO campaign. We are very thorough in our keyword research, working closely with you to identify your top areas of priority. Using our keyword research tools, we can identify the most valuable keywords to target based on relevancy to your offering, search volume, and competition levels.
- Competitive Analysis. One way we inform our strategies is to see what is already working well for competitors in your market. In this phase, we will audit your competitors’ sites to pinpoint the keywords and pages driving the most organic traffic. We’ll then use that information to help identify gaps in your information architecture and devise strategies to replicate that success.
- Technical Optimization. From helping to improve your page speed and optimizing for mobile to implementing SCHEMA markup, ensuring an active SSL, and more, we offer a full range of services to help optimize your site from a technical perspective.
- Content Optimization. We often begin our SEO campaigns by refreshing the content that currently exists on your site. We’ll work to strengthen content quality across your site to improve indexability, rankings, UX, and conversions.
- Content Production. After we’ve refreshed the content on your existing site, we will move into an ongoing content production phase. We will identify opportunities to target viable keywords with new service pages, product and collection pages, blogs and more—then we’ll build out high quality content to do just that.
- Citations & Reviews. Citations and reviews can significantly impact your domain authority, rankings and click through rate. We can assist you with everything from optimizing your Google My Business (GMB) profile to building online reviews and citations.
- Monitoring & Reporting. We provide ongoing monitoring and reporting so you can keep tabs on the effectiveness of our campaigns. Our reports highlight keyword ranking improvements, organic traffic increases, conversion increases and more.
Learn more about our SEO Services in our blog post on What Does an SEO Company Do?
Why Focus On Organic Search?
- Are you frustrated with your current Google rankings?
- Would you like to have more qualified traffic arrive at your site so you can do more business?
- Are you sick and tired of seeing other businesses in your industry rank ahead of you in the search engines?
- Are you spending ridiculous amounts of money on your Pay Per Click (PPC) campaign?
- Do you want to be in the top 3 results on page 1?
Here are just a few reasons to work with us:
- Deep Experience. We have over 10 years in the industry and have served more than 200 clients nationwide. We have worked across a range of industries with businesses of all sizes.
- Proven Track Record. Most SEO companies claim they can get you great search engine rankings. Unfortunately, many of those companies can’t show any results they’ve attained with real clients. ClickGiant is different. We’ve achieved great results with many clients that we love to show off.
- “White Hat” Practices. ClickGiant will never participate in any “black hat” or gray areas of optimization. We believe in writing superior, 100% unique content that gets the attention of the search engines and serves as the foundation of a multifaceted campaign incorporating web development, content marketing and social media.
- We Care. We care about our clients’ sites and online reputations, and we understand that taking risky shortcuts to achieve higher rankings can harm a business more than it can help in the long run. Our campaigns enable your website to climb the rankings naturally—not as the result of some spammy strategy of which Google and Bing disapprove.
The proof is in the pudding, right? Explore our case studies and SEO results here:
Who Do We Work With?
Headquartered in Charleston, SC, we serve clients across the U.S. Whether you’re a local business seeking to increase foot traffic, a national eCommerce brand, or a B2B enterprise, we can build and implement a strategy to help you reach your goals online. Over the years, we’ve worked across a wide range of industries, including SaaS, Apparel, Real Estate, Jewelry, Law, Food & Beverage, Entertainment, Healthcare and more.
Are you ready to increase your web traffic, get better leads, and make more money? Call ClickGiant to learn more about our SEO services today.
How many times did you Google something today? We’re all familiar with search engines, using them to find anything from the nearest shrimp tacos to the most high-tech niche software on the market. But are you as familiar with search engine optimization (SEO)? Sure, that probably makes some sense—the goal of SEO is to get your product, company, or service ranked as high as possible in search results so you can increase organic traffic and conversions. Most people understand the basic concept. But how is that actually done, and what does an SEO company do to make that happen? Read more